Tuesday, December 20, 2005
A real world look at socialized medicine
There are three additional wait-time benchmarks for cardiac bypass patients that will provide treatment within two weeks to 26 weeks, depending on the severity of the case.
- Radiation therapy to treat cancer within four weeks of patients being ready to treat.
- Hip fracture treatment within 48 hours.
- Hip replacements within 26 weeks.
- Knee replacements within 26 weeks.
- Surgery to remove cataracts within 16 weeks for patients who are at high risk.
- Breast cancer screening for women aged 50 to 69 every two years.
- Cervical cancer screening for women aged 18 to 69 every three years after two normal tests.
How would you like to have to wait 6 months for a cardiac bypass?? Ah yes, the joys of free healthcare!
Links to this post: